Saturday, February 20, 2010

Michelle in Wonderland

Still feeling warm and fuzzy from the Naughti Gras, I'm working on what my submissions will be for the "Alice" show at Koken. I had thought of a piece of jewelry/pin/corsage based on the talking flowers. I want to do the Mad Hatter's hat,....that is really a purse. And, one of my FB friends suggested a clock, with characters instead of numbers. LOVE that idea....But, I also was considering a pouch with all the facets of the Queen of Hearts' costume....and I can only enter three. So, okay. The clock, for sure. *Probably* the Mad Hatter's purse. :D But...oh...jewelry or pouch??? Decisions...decisions....It all depends on whether or not I want to "go with what I know" or stretch myself. The flowers would require the use of a raised stitch, incorporating wired stitches, to get the petals to stand up. Not impossible, but not something I've done before. The pouch would be EASY. So,...puss out and go with the easy....or put demands on my skills.

Anyway. The clock. The Queen will be the centerpiece (since she carries a scepter, that can be the minute hand). Alice at 12:00, since that's the top of the clock. At the 1:00 position, the King, since he's the one and only king; 2:00 position, Tweedledum/Tweedledee; at 3:00, the gardeners; at 9:00, the Cheshire Cat (9 lives, you know); at 10:00, the Mad Hatter, since he has a 10 on his hat. What to do for the rest....?

I'll probably use the oysters for 8, and put in 8 oysters. That leaves 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, and 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment